The V1121 is the industry’s leading XMC solution that is designed to provide real-time high-bandwidth network interface for next-generation radar and signal intelligence systems. The V1121 features two 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ optical interfaces and supports the UDP, ARP and ICMP communication protocols. Its advanced architecture and built-in Ethernet offload capabilities provide data transfer at sustained rates exceeding 9.2Gbps.
Unique in its ability to directly transfer data between 10 Gigabit Ethernet networks and FPGA devices, the V1121 minimizes the size and power footprint of systems by obviating the need to introduce additional processors solely to run Ethernet communications. A Streaming Front End (SFE), which is a small core that resides on the FPGA device, provides an independent interface to each 10 Gigabit Ethernet channel on the V1121. The FPGA device communicates with the V1121 over XAUI running across the Pn5 connector, as per VITA 42.6 standard.
In addition, the V1121 is uniquely suited to system architectures involving multiple processing cards on a common switched data plane. Specifically, the V1121 supports shared access from multiple host processors, enabling it to function as a cost-effective, high-performance 10 Gigabit Ethernet gateway. This feature enables a single high-speed pipe to carry multiple virtual channels in systems that need to spread or load balance sensor data across processor farms. When used as a gateway, the V1121 support PCI Express over the Pn5 connector for processor communication and comes with high-level APIs for control and data transfer resulting in a simplified programming model.
- Two 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ optical ports
- Built-in UDP offload engine for real-time communication
- Supports PCI Express and XAUI host interfaces
- Available with streaming front-end FPGA core for quick sensor integration
- Available with advanced APIs that support multi-core and multi-processor architectures
- Thermal sensors for monitoring card temperature
- Available in air and conduction-cooled XMC form factor