The iRepeater is a battery-powered, IEEE-1394 3-port tester that supports AS5643 (Mil1394) signaling levels. It provides both general 1394 bus and specific PHY port status information that is used to diagnose connectivity issues related to cables or modules.
The iRepeater provides IEEE-1394 Beta/AS5643 wire harness/module diagnostic and module replacement capability. When conducting wire harness/module diagnostics the iRepeater monitors the IEEE-1394 network for bus resets and each of its three ports for connections, loops, and received errors. Unexpected bus resets and/or unconnected ports indicate the connected wire harness or module has severe connectivity issues. Received errors (Rx Error) indicate the iRepeater detected corrupt bits on the associated 1394 port. Both the Connected and Rx Error indicators help isolate connectivity issues down to a single port (4-wires). If an iRepeater is placed on each end of the wire harness, connectivity issues can be isolated down to just two wires.
During assembly or maintenance operations, aircraft modules areoften not present for one reason or another. The iRepeater’s compact size allow it to be substituted for missing modules (LRUs) for non-flight assembly or diagnostic applications.
- Simple (red/green light) indication of good or bad wire harness/module connectivity
- Monitors Bus Resets and Port Connectivity to determine gross connectivity issues
- Monitors Bit Error Rate to quickly determine more marginal signal quality issues
- Three (3) IEEE-1394 Beta transformer coupled ports
- Data rates supported: S200β and S400β
- Over 8 hours of battery life per charge
- IEEE-1394-2008 and SAE AS5643 and AS5643/1 compliant
- Ruggedized for use in harsh environments
- CE and ATEX Zone 2 Certified
- Tested to MIL-STD-810F, MIL-461E and MIL-STD-1686