The FW-MIL-2X4HUB19-400T-2 (Repeater) is a dual quad-port, transformer-coupled S200 and S400 capable repeater/hub with 9-pin IEEE-1394b connectors. Each quad-port hub shows up as two nodes on the 1394 bus. All ports are beta-only active transformer-coupled to drive AS5643/1 defined cable lengths.
The 1U 19 inch rack mount form factor Repeater provides both a cost and space efficient solution. The front of the Hub has two sets of four (4) beta ports labeled IN 1, OUT 1, OUT 2, OUT 3 and IN 2, OUT 4, OUT 5, OUT 6. While all 1394 ports are inherently bi-directional and can be treated as such, the IN/OUT nomenclature can be used to indicate protocol level directional message traffic.
- Two bus (Channel) each with four Mil1394 and IEEE-1394-2008 compliant ports
- Four Beta only ports (eight total) per hub supporting:
- S100β (122.88Mb/s)
- S200β (245.76Mb/s)
- S400β (491.52Mb/s)
- Configurable maximum connection speeds of:
- Standard 9-pin IEEE-1394b connectors for each port
- Activity LEDs for each hub to indication bus traffic is present
- Implemented using Texas Instrument’s TSB41BA3 PHY Layer IC