The AL6601 RF Link Test Platform combines a general purpose bit error transmitter & receiver function with a modulator and microwave transmitter in one compact unit. The microwave signal can be used to verify com-plete RF link operation by injecting a signal directly at the receive site’s antenna or at the receiver input. Passing the signal thru a receiver, demodulator and bit sync, the recovered data and clock are fed back into the AL6601’s receiver inputs for measurement.
Of the six available slots in the AL6600 chassis, the BERT occupies one and the transmitter three additional. This leaves 2 slots for auxiliary functions such as a Bit Sync, Viterbi Decoder, Signal Distribution Amplifier, etc. All of the modules supported in Apogee Labs’ AL2073 and AL2873 products are compatible with this unit. Consult the factory for your unique application requirements.
• Bit Error Rate Tester operates stand alone up to 80 Mbps
• Modulator: ARTM Tier 0 (PCM/FM) legacy wave-form as well as the more spectrally-efficient Tier I(SOQPSK-TG) and Tier II (ARTM CPM) wave-forms
• Single or Multi Band Transmitter (L, S, C)
• 10mW output (higher power levels available)
• Modular, Scalable architecture
• Rugged, Compact unit