WR-CMC-30 common-mode choke. This device provides a means of reducing or eliminating common-mode noise from an antenna feedline, resulting in a considerable increase of the received signal quality. Common-mode noise is generated by computers, lamp dimmers and other electric or electronic appliances. Such noise can be a problem especially in the lower portions of HF spectrum, where weak signals can be sometimes completely masked by assorted buzzes and other unwanted noises.
The common-mode choke can be also very useful to provide an alternative earthing point for an active antenna, if the antenna itself cannot be grounded due to its location, or its ground connection is inadequate.
The WiNRADiO WR-CMC-30 common-mode choke is especially suitable for use with WiNRADiO AX-81S and AX-05E shortwave antennas.
• Frequency range DC to 30 MHz
• Flat frequency response
• Low insertion loss
• 50 ohm impedance
• Rugged weatherproof construction
• Simple installation
• Application Receive Only
• Frequency range 0 to 30 MHz
• Insertion loss Less than 1 db
• Impedance 50 ohm
• Common mode inductance 250 uH
• DC Current 150 mA max
• Connectors 2 x BNC
• M4 screw with winged nut (ground)
• Enclosure Diecast aluminum
• Size 60 x 35 x 30 mm (2.3 x 1.4 x 1.2 in)
• (excluding connectors)
• Weight 110 grams (3.8) oz