Often referred to as Long Wire Balun, this device is used to match the impedance of a long wire HF antenna to a 50 ohm input impedance of a receiver.
Such impedance matching usually results in a significant signal strength increase (up to 17dB in some cases, and approximately 5dB on average), compared to the long wire antenna connected directly to the antenna input of the receiver.
The WiNRADiO WR-LWA-0130 Long Wire Antenna Adapter is designed to work on medium and short wave bands, covering a frequency range from 0.1 to 30 MHz. It is especially suitable for use with WiNRADiO shortwave receivers, such as the WR-G303i receiver.
Unlike most conventional antenna adapters, the WiNRADiO WR-LWA-0130 Long Wire Antenna Adapter employs a dual broadband transformer technique which offers an improved performance over single-transformer devices.
• Frequency coverage 0.1 to 30 MHz
• Typical signal strength gain 5dB (17dB max)
• Dual transformer technique
• Standard BNC connector
• Rugged weatherproof construction
• Simple installation
The adapter is connected to the receiver via a BNC connector and a suitable low-loss coaxial cable.
For outdoor installation we recommend the use of Coax Seal applied over the BNC connector, for additional weather-proof protection.
Strip the end of the antenna lead-in wire and tighten it under the winged nut. Connect the Long Wire Adapter to the receiver using a coaxial cable with a BNC connector.
• Dual-transformer passive impedance adapter
• Frequency range 100 kHz to 30 MHz
• Impedance ratio 1.9
• Connectors BNC (receiver side)
• M4 screw with winged nut (antenna side)
• Enclosure Diecast aluminum
• Size 60 X 35 X 39 mm (2.3 x 1.4 x 1.2 in)
• Weight 105 grams (3.8 oz).