The Talon RTR 2757 is a turnkey system for recording 100 Gigabit Ethernet UDP streams from Pentek’s Quartz RFSoC products. Pentek’s Quartz products provide 100 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces to stream data from up to eight high-speed A/D converters. The RTR 2757 is designed to capture digitized data from four of these streams in real time at the full 100 Gigabit per second rate. With up to 122 TB of removable solid state storage, the RTR 2757 provides hours of multi-channel wideband signal recording.
Pentek’s Quartz RFSoC products provide two 100 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces via MPO optical connections. The Quartz FPGA IP routes four A/D channels to each optical interface. The RTR 2757 provides a single 100 Gigabit Ethernet interface, allowing the user to capture digitized signals from up to four RFSoC A/Ds.
The RTR 2757 provides an interface that matches the Quartz Ethernet UDP protocol and can accept up to four independent UDP data streams. This allows users to stream four A/D channels independently over 100 Gigabit Ethernet and capture them as independent files on the recorder. The recorder captures only the payload, providing data files similar to other Talon recorders. This allows the suite of SystemFlow software tools to be used for signal analysis prior to, during, and after a recording session.
- Designed for data capture from Pentek Quartz® RFSoC products’ 100 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Single QSFP28 port with MPO transceiver
- Real-time record rates up to 12.5 GB/s (100 Gigabits/s)
- Front-panel removable solid state storage up to 122 TB
- Dual Intel Xeon® Gold processors with up to 4 TB of DDR4 SDRAM
- 4U 19-inch industrial grade server chassis
- Supports up to four independent UDP streams
- SystemFlow software GUI with Signal Viewer analysis tool
- C-callable API for integration