The Model SSC/300 Stroke-to-Raster Scan Converter is a rugged, flight-worthy unit designed to convert cockpit stroke video from XYZ vector to a standard raster video format. The converted video can then be recorded, displayed, switched or transmitted using standard video equipment. Stroke video is generated by a variety of random-deflection devices, including certain radar and sonar devices, spectrum analyzers, and Heads Up Display (HUD) generators. A choice of RS-170 or PAL formats are available.
The SSC/300 accepts a wide range of inputs. Separate gain and offset adjustments for X, Y, and Z are provided in the unit to permit calibration. The calibration potentiometers are easily accessed by removing the SSC/300’s front cover. Jumper selectable controls are also provided to invert each vector input or select balanced or unbalanced signals.
• Converts XYZ Stroke Video (HUD, Radar, Sonar, Spectrum analyzer) to raster video
• Supports RS-170 or PAL Formats
• Advanced Scaling algorithm provides excellent output video quality
• Accepts a wide range of stroke (XYZ) input signals
• Selectable Decay Rates
• Internal test signal confirms proper operation or provides for fault isolation
• Flight-worthy Package