PMCE-1553™ is an innovative product that provides 1553 operations via 10/100/1000 Ethernet IP/UDP local area networks (LAN) backplane. PMCE-1553 is a standard PMC form factor card, but instead of PCI backplane, PMCE-1553 uses the P4 connector for Ethernet based control and communications.
Alta has combined the industry’s most advanced 32-bit 1553 FPGA protocol engine, AltaCore™, with a real-time IP/UDP thin server. The customer can implement their application with the same feature-rich application programming interface, AltaAPI™, as used with standard cards – often without even recompiling – the utlimate in code portability.
For systems that require DO-178 level compliant software, PMCE-1553 is ideal because you can utilize the operating system’s compliant IP/socket level functions. PMCE-1553 can be flash programmed with 1553 predefined buffers and the application code simply performs standard socket access to 1553 BC, RT or Monitor buffer. No need to have extra compliant level application or driver stack.
• 10/100/1000 Ethernet <-> MIL-STD-1553
• Ethernet Backplane Only
• Open VPX and VITA Standards or Custom Backplanes
• One or Two 1553 Dual Redundant Channels
• Connectors: P4 Ethernet/1553/IO; P2 for 3.3V Power
• May Eliminate DO-178 SW Certification Requirements-Use Certified BSD Stack
• Thin-Server, Real-Time UDP Ethernet to/from 1553
• Remote 1553 Devices on the LAN – Small Size
• Auto Load BC, RT and BM Images for Fast Startup
• Auto BM Mode for 1553->Ethernet Bridging
• 300-900 mAmp max/300-700 mAmp typical. 1760 Startup
• Ideal for Lab or Rugged Deployed Applications
• IRIG-B Rx Decode, PPS, Triggers, Discretes