The Model 8256 is a SOSA aligned 3U VPX chassis ideal for application development with Pentek’s RFSoC based Quartz data acquisition and processing boards.
Working with our partners Elma Electronics Inc. and Crossfield Technologies LLC, the 8256 is designed to adhere to the emerging SOSA standard. It is a perfect platform for integrating Pentek’s RFSoC based Quartz products with other SOSA aligned boards like the SOSA aligned SBCs from Concurrent Technologies and 40 gigabit Ethernet switch from Interface Concept. The chassis backplane provides slots for up to four 5550 or 5553 Quartz RFSoC boards, a 5503 multi-board synchronization board, an SBC (Single Board Computer), Ethernet switch board and a timing board. The 8256 also features a VITA 46.11 compliant chassis management controller.
- Developed in alignment with the SOSA™ Technical Standard
- Ideal development platform for Pentek’s Models 5550 and 5553 8-Channel A/D & D/A Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC Processors
- 8 slots provide space for a range of acquisition and processing boards
- Optional rear panel RF and optical connections
- Free lifetime applications support