The Talon RTR 2654 combines the power of a Pentek Talon Recording System with a 25.6 GHz RF tuner and Pentek’s Sentinel intelligent signal scanning software. The RTR 2654 provides SIGINT engineers the ability to scan the RF spectrum from 800 MHz to 26.5 GHz for signals of interest and monitor or record bandwidths up to 500 MHz wide.
A spectral scan facility allows the user to scan the spectrum, while threshold detection allows the system to automatically lock onto and record signal bands. Scan results are displayed in a waterfall plot and can also be recorded to allow users to look back at some earlier spectral activity.
Once a signal of interest is detected, the real-time recorder can capture and store hundreds of terabytes of data to disk, allowing users to store data spanning multiple days.
- Search and capture system using Pentek’s Sentinel Intelligent Signal Scanner
- Captures RF signals from 800 MHz to 26.5 GHz
- Capture and scan bandwidths up to 500 MHz
- Selectable threshold triggered or manual record modes
- 12 bit A/Ds with 57.5 dB SNR & 72 dB SFDR
- Built-in DDC with selectable decimations of 4, 8, and 16
- 4U chassis with front panel removable SSDs
- Storage capacities to 245 TB
- RAID levels 0, 5, and 6
- Windows® workstation with Intel Core i7 processor
- SystemFlow® GUI with virtual oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, and spectrogram displays