The High Sensitivity Receiver (HSR) has been designed for high loss environments where there are lots of splices/interconnects or low quality infrastructure. It mitigates or reduces the need for EDFAs, even working with CWDM and long distance systems where EDFAs are not available. The HSR comes in ViaLiteHD chassis card format and can be used in combination with Hyper Wide Dynamic Range (HWDR) cards for best performance in high optical loss situations. With excellent Spurious Free Dynamic Range (SFDR) and designed for optical losses between 22-32 dB, the HSR is a failsafe when the optical environment is not under the user’s control.
- Enabler for high loss optical paths
- L-Band HTS (700-2450 MHz)
- Flat response 1 dB peak-to-peak
- Wide wavelength response
- Supports link losses equivalent to 140 km
- Negates need for EDFA or optical Amp
- Excellent SFDR with low optical input