The TuffServ® 480v2 airborne server is a rugged, general purpose computing platform packaged for airborne and mobile applications. It functions as a ruggedized computer, a file server, or as a recorder. It can also be configured as a network-attached block-storage device using the iSCSI protocol.
The airborne server provides large removable storage with up to sixteen commodity solid-state disks in a hot swappable solid state disk array. By using carefully selected OEM solid state devices, the system can deliver up to 6.1TB of rugged, high-performance storage at a price point comparable to traditional ruggedized rotating disks, but with significantly better environmental and performance characteristics.
- Ruggedized NAS Computer / Server / Recorder; fully compatible with the TS-480
- Hot-Swappable Removable Solid State Storage Array; supports legacy TS-480 RSAs and new TS-480v2 RSAs
- Multiple Interfaces Gigabit Ethernet; Optical 10 Gigabit Ethernet, sFPDP, and custom
- NFS, CIFS/SMB Network File Systems
- Ampex Common Compute Environment on a Certified Operating Systems Protection Profile platform
- GUI and Web Interface for Administration and Environmental Monitoring
- Conduction-cooled Flight-proven Chassis
- Compact: 5.25″H x 7.25″W x 10″D