The TuffServ® 480 airborne server is a rugged, general purpose computing platform packaged for airborne and mobile applications. It functions as a ruggedized computer, a file server, or as a recorder. It can also be configured as a network-attached block-storage device using the iSCSI protocol.
The airborne server provides a large removable storage capacity with up to sixteen commodity solid-state disks in a hot swappable solid state disk array. By using carefully selected OEM solid state devices, the system can deliver up to 6.1TB of rugged, high-performance storage at a price point comparable to traditional ruggedized rotating disks, but with significantly better environmental and performance characteristics.
- Ruggedized Computer / Server / Recorder
- Hot-Swappable Solid State Disk Array
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet Interfaces
- NFS, CIFS/SMB Network File Systems
- FTP and iSCSI Servers
- Web Interface for Administration and Environmental Monitoring
- Conduction-cooled Flight-proven Package, hard-mountable
- Compact: 5.25″ H x 7.25″ W x 10″ D
- Writes at over 300MByte/sec sustained
- Removable Storage Array