The GDP Model 2266B Multi-Channel PCM Bit Synchronizer/Best Source Selector houses up to sixteen high-performance bit synchronizer modules. Each individual channel can be used as a normal Bit Sync and/or selected as a source for Best Source Selection. The optimized digital design of this unit affords the highest performance characteristics currently available. The unit operates to 40Mbps (20Mbps Standard, 40Mbps optional).
The standard IRIG randomizer/derandomizer for both forward and reverse sequences is provided. CCITT V.35 and V.36 scrambling/descrambling is also provided. A variety of Viterbi decoders are available including R1/2 K7, R3/4 K7 and R1/3 k7 (please inquire for other FEC options). The unit can also be provided with an optional QPSK re-sequencing function that supports QPSK, OQPSK and SOQPSK data streams.
Best Source Selector
• Up to 16 channels per chassis
• Works with encrypted data
• Input stream correlated in time
• Seamless stream switching on bit boundaries (down stream frame syncs do not drop lock).
• Bit-by-bit Majority Vote Weighted by Signal Quality
• Encapsulated Data Input (Option)
Multi-Channel Bit Synchronizer
• Up to 16 Channels
• Bit Rates – 5 bps to 20 Mbps (40Mbps Opt)
• Hot Swap Redundant Power Supplies
• Performance within 1 dB of theory
• Loop Bandwidth Settings from 0.01% to 1.6%
• Accepts NRZ-L/M/S, BiØ-L/M/S, DMM/ S; MDM-M/S
• Viterbi Decoder
• Frame Pattern Detector
• Advanced Lock Detection
• Remote Control
• 7-inch High Chassis