Evolved from the proven designs of Pentek’s Cobalt® and Onyx® families, Jade® raises the processing performance while lowering the overall power requirements by building on the Xilinx family of Kintex UltraScale FPGAs. As the central feature of the board architecture, the FPGA has access to all data and control paths, enabling factory-installed functions as well as providing an ideal platform for user-created intellectual property (IP).
Each member of the Jade family is delivered with factory-installed applications ideally matched to the board’s analog interfaces. The 71891 factoryinstalled functions include two A/D acquisition modules for simplifying data capture and tagging, two DDCs (digital downconverters), an RF tuner controller, and a set of specialized DMA engines for efficient data transfers between the board and a host computer.
- Accepts RF signals from 925 MHz to 2175 MHz
- Programmable LNA handles L-Band input signal levels from -50 dBm to +10 dBm
- Programmable analog downconverter provides IF or I+Q baseband signals at frequencies up to 123 MHz
- Two 400 MHz 14-bit A/Ds digitize IF or I+Q signals synchronously
- Two FPGA-based multiband DDCs (digital downconverters)
- Xilinx® Kintex® UltraScale™ FPGA
- Five GB of DDR4 SDRAM
- Sample clock synchronization to an external system reference
- PCI Express (Gen. 1, 2 & 3) interface up to x8
- Clock/sync bus for multimodule synchronization
- Optional LVDS and gigabit serial connections for the FPGA for custom I/O
- Navigator® BSP for software development
- Navigator® FDK for custom IP development
- Free lifetime applications support