The APCI-7xxx-MX series is configured by inserting MX modules which the board identifies automatically. This series allows higher transfer rates than boards with SI modules.
The APCI-7300-MX is a 1-port serial interface, the APCI-7420-MX a 2-port, and the APCI-7500-MX a 4-port serial interface for the PCI bus. The serial interfaces can be configured through modules in the following modes: RS232, RS422, RS485 (with or without optical isolation) and current loop (with optical isolation).
The modules with optical isolation allow a protection of up to 1000 V for the use in noisy environments where earth loops can occur. The I/O lines are protected against short-circuits, fast transients, electrostatic discharge and high-frequency EMI. The interface is supported through a 128-byte FIFO buffer for sending and receiving data and guarantees reliable operation at high transfer rates.
• Asynchronous communication adapter
• Modular structure through MX modules:
1 socket for 1-port serial interface (APCI-7300-MX)
2 sockets for 2-port serial interface (APCI-7420-MX)
4 sockets for 4-port serial interface (APCI-7500-MX)
• Can be configured as RS232, RS422, RS485 with/without optical isolation, 20 mA current loop (active, passive), with optical isolation through separate MX modules
• Automatic addressing through BIOS
• Automatic module identification
• 128-byte FIFO buffer for sending and receiving buffers
• Programmable transfer rate
• 5, 6, 7 or 8-bit character
• 1, 1½ or 2 stop bits
• Parity: even, odd or none
• Automatic transmitter control for RS485 and transmitter control through FIFO level
• Common interrupt (APCI-7420-MX + APCI-7500-MX)